Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In My Mind's Eyes

A new blog I've begun reading recently inspired this post. It may mean nothing to most of you out there, but to those of us who are hopeless children at the tender age of 35, well ~ deep sighing, and sniffles are allowed.

I love that art stirs emotion in me. I'm one of those kind of people who, placed in an art gallery, would stand and stare at a painting unaware of time's turnings or other's fancies. I get drawn in and lost. Some of the most brilliant artwork available today is that of the illustrators of children's books. Their ability to capture mood and emotion is almost unsurpassed.

Here are a few who touch my soul:












In order of appearance:

Aleshina
Eva Erikson
Anne Yvonne Gilbert
Barbara Cooney (3)
Christopher Denise (3)
Audrey & Don Wood (2)
Charles Fuge
Elsa Beskow
Eloise Wilkins
Lilian Hoban
Frances Evans
Garth Williams (2)
Howard Knotts
Jeffrey Brian Fisher
Jerry Pinkney
Jon Berkeley
Jill Barklem (2)
Patricia Ann MacDougall (2)

Maggie Kneen
Tasha Tudor (2)
Sean Rubin
Simona Bucan
Holly Hobbie (2)
Yoshiko Jaeggi
Nick Price

Yoshiko Jaeggi

What a gift to be able to illustrate my mind's eyes .

No comments: