Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wait for me...

We spend much of our lives waiting. Waiting in line, at a traffic light, wait on God, waiting for dinner, waiting for the workday to end ... If we are honest with ourselves, we are waiting on something or someone every hour of the day. It is often a difficult thing for our American microwave mentality to allow us to do. Waiting indicates that something isn't quite right, that there is something missing, that this is not the way it should be, it's a postponement of what you want, need or desire.
That said, I have to go away for a few days. I have Korean teenagers about to take over my life for the next 10 days or so. I doubt I will be blogging much. Wait for me... I promise to return soon. I know you all SOOO look forward to reading my blog that this will be a terrible tedium for you. But don't be passive in your waiting. Tell me about life, tell me you are praying... drop me a comment about your daily doings.
I want to hear Brian's thoughts on being a new daddy - again; How Heather's days are as she waits for Losiah & her new home; What happened in Lolo and Minnesota, Shari?; How goes the battle, Amy?; all of you who have become my friends through this strange world of the boggosphere... and those whom I have just begun to know...
See you in 11 days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were just officially offered the job in Lolo. You can catch more on my blog. I love you. Hang in there. Love these Korean teenagers well. I am leaving tomorrow night, we will be back August 21.

Anonymous said...

Shari,

Just got off the phone with your husband. Very COOL. Praying that God will speak clearly to both of you!

Amy Witt said...

Battle is going well. 29 pounds so far. more than that, peace and reliance on a God who is in control and I am not. Praying for clean dishes, lots of love to spare and a fun time with the teenagers.

Deeapaulitan said...

Oh Athena! Wow ~ you bless my socks off! You have such a great heart attitude! Thanks for the prayers! I'm prayin' for you too.

Thanks Shari for the news! I checked your blog and posted real quick.

Two more really full days, and then 2 fairly laid back ones before we are finished! I'm sure I'll miss them after I have time to recover, but right now I am just looking forward to quiet times alone with my family and tidy house!