Saturday, April 24, 2010

Provision and Wellbeing

Since we moved we have been table-less.  Our table, that I loved, was ruined in our original move to Bozeman and we have been borrowing tables ever since.  For a few weeks we were sitting at the hearth or with our plates on our laps or having indoor picnics on blankets on the floor.  I'd been looking on Craigslist, but with the beginning of 2 businesses (J's and mine), 'free' was our price limit.  We do a lot of hosting, so we really need someplace to sit and eat.  Just when I was about to break down and buy something, anything, Tony & Ava called to ask if we'd like a picnic table for our little yard.  *SQUEE*!!  Yes, but we'd like it for our dining room even more!
Eventually we will sand it and paint it, but for now Minda put a yardage of fabric on it and we are enjoying having a place to gather for meals.

On top of that, this week Cassia and I began our Annual Green Smoothie Challenge.  I do it longer than 30 days (all summer is what I aim for) because I love it so much!  I'm so excited to be back at it!  I can't do it in the winter when there are mountains of snow but as soon as the days grew warm (for more than 3 in a row) my body said, "Now!"  The challenge is easy.  And, though I know they look unappetizing, they are delicious!  Great way to get kids to eat their veggies too! Here is a link to Sara's blog post on it (rather than me try to rewrite it all).



Let me know if you decide to do the challenge this year!  You won't regret it if you do! 

2 comments:

Shaun and Anna said...

We aren't totally hardcore about the challenge or anything, BUT thanks to you we have been enjoying many a green smoothie around here. Conner loves them!

Deeapaulitan said...

They are delish! And so good for you. Glad the little man loves 'em too! :) I have a few little things for you guys, but I was sorta hoping we'd make it to ML for Mem. Day and I could give them to you. Doesn't look like that is going to happen, so I'll just pop them in the mail I guess.