Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Thing

But I wonder more and more if the first thing shouldn’t be to know people by name, to eat (pizza) and drink (beer and wine) with them, to listen to their stories (while you play cribbage) and tell your own, and to let them know with words, handshakes (and winning the game), and hugs that you do not simply like them, but truly love them!
-Henri Nouwen (parentheses mine) :)
All photos by C.











 Jay took our table bench home to fix the last time he came over.  This time He and Allison came with the bench fully repaired + they brought Pizza! Bonus!
 We laughed and ate and played right up until my pumpkin hour.  The girls wandered in and out of the scene.  M had knitting that she was immersed in.  C got home from work, took photos and said goodnight after a long day.
 Taking time to be with people in the evenings is always difficult for me but, I never regret making room for others.  Never.
  We are already talking about next gamenight! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! And so true... always hard to create the time for those evening get-togethers, but I never regret it when I do. :)