Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Difference


Sometimes it amazes me how God gets my attention.
I found myself amongst strangers this week.
I had never met any of them before, never spoke to them, typed them an email
or had them post to my blog.
We were, in every sense, foreigners.
I was in their midst for around 4 days. In that period of time I determined
in my own heart to give each one of them what I had of God and
recieve from them what God had for me.
I found myself enjoying each interaction. I saw my heart strings being knit
to theirs. Laughter bubbled. Tears flowed unashamedly. Talk was incessant.
My last day surrounded by them, a passage was quoted, a point made. "We want to leave our mark. Our ability to leave our mark only becomes
attainable when we live for a larger story." Dan Nagel
"The biggest lie I have tried to overcome is that this life is about me." Donald Miller ~ Blue like Jazz
The reason why 'life' was breathed into the occasions and
moments was simply that. Life was given
breathing space.
God left His mark on me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....me too


Cassia

Anonymous said...

Can you please send me the master tonic recept from Winkie Pratney. I was looking everywhere but with no sucess.
ana-marija.tomic@porr.hr
thank you, ana

Anonymous said...

I would also love the recipe! I can't find it anywhere! and i'm so sick it's ridiculous-
thanks,
Sarah
wired.tired@yahoo.com