Sunday, October 14, 2007

Deficiency of Substitues

They will never be a perfect fit or as effective as the real thing.
Bronze is cheaper, expedient, & close, but it isn't gold. It can only ever be an alloy.
Shiny, and brilliant, yes, but tainted by mixture. Easier to hang onto, because it has no real value, no one will ever try to take it from you. It is safe.
Though, one morning, we will wake like Samson ~ trying to do what we have always been able to do, but now unable. The power is no longer there because we substituted the blessing; gave it away. Let it be removed while we slumbered in the lap of our 'bronze' idol. We settled for the mixture. Coating something in gold only gives the appearance power. The difference should be conspicuous. Having the purity of gold is costly and risky. Am I willing to take the risk?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you will to not risk it?

Shari

Anonymous said...

More than food for thought

Deeapaulitan said...

No, Shari, there was never a choice, really. My heart, and even my flesh, cry out for the gold of the true, the real, the valuable. Still, there is a fear.

Z- I'm so thankful you left a comment. I know you visit here, but to see you made me smile. I miss you.