Friday, November 16, 2007

Prep - Work!

We Spent the day making pies!




Hope they taste as good as they look! We'll freeze them until Thanksgiving, but there'll be more tomorrow! We always have apple (Grama Orr's recipe), and My Mom's Pecan (but I make it with Hazelnuts because I'm alergic to Pecans), and someone usually makes a pumpkin.

What kinds of pies do you have at Thanksgiving?

I'm trying a new one this year. Pear-Praline Cranicot is the name on the recipe, but after hearing my little friend's rendition of that name, I may just keep it if we like the pie and it becomes tradition! Enoch called it "Pralinkanot"!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ooooh...yum!! Look at that cute little leafy in the dough. Love it!

Deeapaulitan said...

hehehe! I cut out leaves to go in the center of the Cinnamon~Maple Punkin pies too!

Anonymous said...

I am so traditional. We had pumpkin, the way it says on the Libby label. I also made a reduced sugar one with egg beaters and FF condenced milk for me. They were both delicious. Your pies look just amazing. I love pie so much more than cake!!

Athena