Saturday, July 03, 2010

In the Morning :: Day 6

I've always been a list maker. I love them, actually. I have lists in my cedar chest that I have tucked away for my children to see when they are ready for them. List of names we thought about when we were pregnant, lists of nicknames to go with the names, lists of J's favorite things as I discovered them, lists of songs that became "ours"... I have silly lists too; gravestone engravings I found funny or sweet, wines to try with different foods, books to read, World Market wants, words that twist my tongue or delight it, and the names of nail polish colors. I have kept lists of flowers, lists of fonts, lists of authors and quotes... As of late, though, most of my lists are just to keep my mind on track, to help me remember, to set it before my eyes continually. Email so & so, water the garden, file this & that, pick up these things, drop off those things... and the list never ends. Everyday I add to it as I check things off. I do have to admit, however, that I love looking down and seeing all those check marks!! I also will admit that I love all the little notebooks I collect my lists in with their types /textures of paper and the scent of ink or graphite I catch when I flip through them. So many simple pleasures within their pages.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: