Monday, April 30, 2007

I Can Feel My Heartbeat


We went for a hike today. Cassia showed me some of her favorite spots to just 'be' and to talk with God. The one thing I was regretting about our recent move was leaving my garden. Today, God showed me just how much He cares about the little things inside of me. As I walked through our woods I found nearly all of my favorite flowers! Lupine, Lily-of-the-Valley, violets, Lilacs, Pussywillows... There were even some I had not seen before ~ Kittentail, Elksedge, Wood Crocus... Something that I didn't even realize was dormant inside of me broke loose from it's grave and I found myself singing this song on the way home!

I catch the sound of my name
And I start to wonder
Just how long I’ve been asleep
You say it’s time, time to rise
Wake from all this slumber
Suddenly my deepest winter’s turning into spring
Turning into spring
I’m alive, I’m alive again
I can feel my heartbeat
Breathing out and I’m breathing in
You have come and rescued me
And I’m alive again
I feel the sun on my face
Seems I had forgotten
What it means to really live
Filled with hope filled with love
And anticipation
Standing with my arms wide open free as I have been
Free as I have ever been
You have saved me just by being
Filling emptiness with meaning
You put passion back into my soul
~Scott Krippayne

2 comments:

Sara said...

Isn't it so amazing and wonderful that God cares about the details? That He cares about something so "trivial" on this earth such as flowers that you like...and are familiar with. It's like He's saying.... "I'm right here, Deea..."

Amy Witt said...

He loves to be in the details. He never ceases to amaze me.