Monday, November 24, 2008

Pleasures of the Heart - Day 1

I thought I'd share for the next few days, leading up to Thanksgiving, things I'm loving, being blessed by, finding simple delights in, and am thankful for. I've been reading in I Peter for my devotions the last 2 weeks and one thought has been imbedded in me above any other ~

12 Beloved, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 13 Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world. - - 19 So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you.

The last 6 months have been difficult and demanding; Spiritually, physically, and mentally. I've been convicted in my lack of faith, hope, and trust when it comes to God's will and work in our lives. The past 2 months Holy Spirit has been gently pulling me back to center and stretching my gaze upward again. In doing so, my heart trusts, hopes and believes more freely. Simple delights are found more often, laughter bubbles out more fully, each day presents my arms with loves to be embraced... So! We begin!
We pop these in our backpacks, purses, and pockets for e-z peel happiness for our tummies. I buy a box and they are gone in a day. :o) Nice to know my family is eating right even when they're snack-attackin'!
By Driscoll and Bresheres. Mark is one of my favorite teachers, and from what others have told me of Gerry, he is just as good in a different way. I can believe it. This is the nuances of the significance of Jesus death on the cross applied to our day to day life and how that radically alters our perceptions of reality - therefore altering our life. It's beautiful.

Wool sweaters. Winter is so much more pleasant with them to wrap up in, snuggle into and pull on at a moments shiver.
Adagio Peppermint Tea. I rediscovered how much I love it while I was sick last week. Nothing tames the tummy quite so pleasingly. Just a plain, fragrant, steaming cuppa please!

I'll be back tomorrow with more! What pleasures is God delighting your heart in right now?

No comments: