Sunday, October 09, 2011

Last day to be carried away {{7}}

 This was probably my favorite day.  We spent the whole morning and afternoon wandering in an almost trance-like state around the Getty Villa.  J was amazed by the age of the artifacts, I was amazed by the beauty.



trompe l'oeil ~ The only thing real is the door...



My favorite Muse

Neutered Hercules... hahaha - poor fella, makes it through all those impossible labors to gain immortality only to become a eunuch.
Floor tiling
Sarcophagus
I couldn't stop staring at these.  Fascinating to think that someone took the time to place each little square in just the right color to achieve this huge mural.

 For Minda :) My little elephant lover.

The fountain of Ulysses and Agamemnon.



 Ulysses


Very alien-esque - don't you think? 
Wine gathering and pressing

 Does it look to anyone else like the little one is catching what the one on the ladder is expelling?  Sorry.  I couldn't stop laughing after I saw this, so I had to take a photo!
 Reminded me of The Black Stallion movie. 
  ... also for Minda.

 J took on look at these and said, "Ah, the heads of state." 
 I could have spent the whole day right here.



 When we left the Getty we went to Rosenthall Vineyards and tasted a flight of wines, then went and celebrated our last night at the ocean with Huge, Gluttonous amounts of crab legs & watching the paraboarders catch some serious air!
It's not far down to paradise
At least it's not for me
And if the wind is right you can sail away
And find tranquility...

No comments: