My husband showed up with flowers. Wild flowers. At least that's the way they looked to me. He knows I'm not a hot house flower kind of girl. Too perfect. Too fake. No real depth of character. These aren't typical florist offerings though. Amaranth, larkspur, sea lavender, brown-eyed susans, teddybear sunflowers, little bits of asparagus fern... If it wasn't for the pretty paper and ribbon wrapped around them I would have thought he went out into the field and gathered them :)
As I thought about his request, I tried to think of things we both like and incorporate them into what I enjoy. We both like coffee (he's froo-froo, I'm plain, but we both like it), we both like water and boats (I like to be near water, he likes to speed across/around/through/over it), we both like scenery (he wants to hike in, I want to drive or walk with little to no incline), etc...
I did manage to come up with several things! We've already begun. Have I ever told you that 'lists' also hold a 'thrill' for me?
Here's (most) of my list: (some are not for public mention) ;)
* Play card games (you can let me win)
* Build Castles in the sand
* Cuddle - every chance we get
* Purchase ingredients, make lunch, and eat together
* go miniature golfing
* Order Thai, Moroccan, or Korean to go and eat at home by candlelight
* Take a road trip
* Make a blanket fort (only we are allowed inside!) (he just bought a book to read to me - I think we might do it by flashlight in our fort! hee hee)
* Take silly pictures
* Dance in the living room
* Buy each other an outfit
* Write each other paper love notes
* Go on a classy-ass date
* Kiss. A LOT. Often.
* Attend a Mariner's game @ Safeco. Cheer and be rowdy fans
* Plant a tree & watch it grow
* Row lazily about a pond
* Pick apples and have them pressed to cider
* Walk & hold hands. No agenda necessarily.
* Make lists of our favorite things to exchange (just for the thrill of making a list, if for nothing else)
* Do a scavenger hunt
* Ride a ferris wheel
* Attend an outdoor festival (He immediately thought concert - I was thinking Shakespeare or plays, or local foods and wines with music just being background ...)
* Hang out at the Library or Barnes and Noble or a used books store
* Go to Farmer's Markets
* Tour winery / brewery
* Feed the ducks
* 'Rent' a movie @ the library and eat your nachos while we watch it. ( J makes great nachos - and though I'll eat mine with local, Goat's milk, raw cheddar instead of his yellow dyed, heat-treated, enzyme-less, full of preservatives cheddar, it is something we can do together, right???)
Any other ideas for us?
I'm loving the perks of being back to couple-hood while we are still so young.