Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Poppin'

It's getting chilly!  I'm not much of a popcorn fan in the summertime, but when autumn begins I want to munch on this spicey version.

   Spiced Popcorn
2 Tblsp.  Coconut Oil
1/4 c. Unpopped Popcorn 
(should make 6 c. popped)
2 Tblsp. Curry Powder
1 Tblsp. Cumin
2 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
1 tsp. Ground Cardamom
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
Salt to taste
Pop 1/2 the corn in 1 Tblsp. oil, then pop remainder in 2nd Tblsp.
Mix together spices (except salt to taste) in separate, small bowl.
As corn comes out of popper sprinkle 1/2 the spice on first batch and remaining spice on 2nd batch. 
Taste and add salt if needed.  
My friends like a bit of sugar added instead of salt, but I'm a sugar-free girl!

Side note:
My father-in-law taught me when I was first married to roll down the edges of a grocery sized brown paper bag and put the popcorn in it to toss it.  It works marvelously!  
J usually shakes the bag while I add the spices.  

I need to find a Hot Toddy that isn't sweetened to sip while I munch!  Any suggestions

No comments: