Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Words of Ironic Dust


As a parent, am I the only one who sees the irony in situations where you have:
*Told your child
*Explained to your child
*Given examples to your child
*Pointed something out that is an exact illustration, in living color, to your child ...
Only to have the 'lights come on' when they are sitting all by their little ole lonesome selves and you are nowhere around?

That happened to me this past weekend... again...
Saturday night we had guests that came to stay with us from the Anacortes area. Father, son, & friend. Rusty, John VanDeusan, & Braedan. We stayed up late talking and getting acquainted, got up the next morning and talked and laughed some more, then watched son & friend perform. I think Rusty may have set the stage for what happened during the performance in the heart of my child. He asks great questions. All evening, morning and early afternoon he asked things that stirred up what had lain dormant in the dust of all Mom's words. At the performance, John's passion as he sang came through and, almost like God in Genesis, formed and shaped something from the dust being stirred. Then 'Late Tuesday' began their set and Life was breathed into what God had formed. There is something to be said about friendships that foster admiration and not simply comfort/familiarity. One of the girls from Late Tuesday is just such a friend, and Holy Spirit breathed through her on Sunday.
There are 2 forms of satisfaction, in the midst of the frustration, of being the one that spoke endlessly into my child's life:
*She finally is anxious to move on - to overcome!
*I got to be the dust that was stirred, formed, and breathed into for her to understand.

Ironic Dust - could be the name of an alternative rock group, but no, it's my life. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moma,
Wonderfully written! It didn't take long for me to realize the "Child" was me. Only you, papa and I will ever fully understand it :)
Please... never stop being the "dust that was stirred"!! Thank you for allways believing in me, and never doubting just how big our God can be! Your loved beyond words!
Cassia