Friday, April 28, 2006

Get Away

Last weekend James and I went away... All by ourselves. It was the first time in 3 years (or more). We went to see our pastor/friend preach the first night. We had no idea where we were going. James asked if it would be sexy for him to stop and ask directions. he he he. We missed worship, but made it in time for the first point on his notes! I told James he was very sexy!
After the service, we went to Tomato Street for Chicken Marsala (recommend!) and some laughs before driving to a quaint town nearby.
We had a fun evening, slept in, and grabbed a Starbucks before heading out to see if our favorite used bookstore was still in business. It was. Lady Di greeted us. We spent 2 solid hours talking and reading. Isn't it peculiar how the scent of old books makes you feel wise and philosophical? Of course we bought books. Mitch Album, Flavors of Pacific Northwest, ... and more. We split a Taco salad for lunch at a forgettable location with an unforgettable 'Scotsman'. Then we drove to Circuit City to stoke the fires of James' gadget lust (& mine a tad too). New laptop and camera top the list of those we left behind but hold dear to our heart. Then we headed home. Our car conversations are always the best. (I know Peggy agrees with me here) It isn't because of the captive audience, contrary to popular belief, I think it is because of the solitude and absolute privacy with the open road stretching before you! James always does more talking than I do. I love it. I get to hear his heart, his passions, and his corny jokes and laugh with him. It's what I fell in love with 20 years ago. It's what I still love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of times. Love you!