Monday, July 09, 2007

In the Good 'Ole Summertime

Summer came upon us withcrushing force this week. It was overwhelming at times. (think of that scene in Star Wars when they are all in the garbage compactor and Luke keeps getting pulled under by the garbage monster and then the walls start moving in on them...) Bozeman isn't used to hot, or dry so most of the homes are built without air conditioning ~ ours is no exception.
Even though the last few weeks have been stiflingly, chokingly hot, we have had nonstop company!!! I'll give you the "Last two weeks in the Life of the Paul's " tour! Sabrina came to visit again. She'll be a full time student in the fall and won't have vacation pay, so we made the most of it. We walked through her childhood memories, retracing some of the places she visited as a tike. Lewis Clark Caverns was one. We spent a very Hot day underground wandering though 52 degree F. caves and passageways. The Nympho Bats were a bonus.
Luke is a Prof at MSU and a dear friend. He also spent two years in Korea teaching English to 6-9 year olds. While he was there a youth group adopted him and would come to his apt. where they would cook together. He attends church with us and is on the worship team with James; plays a mean trombone, man. We had been trying to get together for weeks to have him cook Korean for us and it happened to work out while Sabrina was here. It was a great evening of delicious dishes, laughter, fellowship, reminiscing and pain. Both Luke and I ended up with battle wounds by the end of the night. He had a 2" sliver through his big toe, and I had a deep cut at the base of a fingernail that took 45 minutes to stop the bleed.
I am not a Yellowstone fan. I know of better things to do with my time than walk through heat and stink to watch water shoot up out of the ground, then get back in the car, drive, park, walk through more heat and stink to see mud boil or gaze at pretty rocks. This is the one formation in Yellowstone that captures me. The Grand Prismatic Spring. This I will glady put up with the stench and billowing heat waves for. Sabrina's company was the highlight of the day for me. I love that chicky.

Bozeman is no Seattle or Portland when it comes to the Indy Music scene, but they do support & encourage their artists by giving them stage and audience. A friend's little sister was in town performing at the Leaf and Bean and we went down to be her fan club!

That's not all, keep reading...

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you surviving the heat?

Shari

Heather said...

Wow, you sure have been busy! I loved reading about your summer and seeing all the wonderful pics. I *love* that pic of Grampa eating :) Wonderful pictures..they really capture the moment. Stay cool!!;)

Grant County Economic and Cultural Exchange said...

Hey, Deea! I don't know if you'll get this or not-this whole blog thing is new to me!! I'm working hard to figure it out though, and have started a blog for the GCECE. We leave tomorrow for Gunpo (18th-31st) and I thought you might want to peek in every so often and see what we're up to. Here's the link http://gcece.blogspot.com/

If you have any suggestions to make the blog look or operate better, let me know!
Carol

Deeapaulitan said...

Shari - surviving,but not enjoying! I'm so thankful to have a basement! And, Thank you Jesus, rains that keep it cool at night!

Heather - it was so good to hear from you! How is Anjolie doing? How are you doing? I love your heart. :o) Thank you for blessing me by popping in.

Carol - THANKS SO MUCH! I will be there like stink on a skunk!! I so miss being there this year. So does Cassia. Give hugs to Jos, Brit, and Brendan for me. And hugs to you too!