Thursday, September 06, 2007

With a Heart Bowed Low

Our dear, dear friend,Larry, passed away this morning.
I know he was ready to go be with Jesus, I know he is sitting with him now.
But I was not ready to let him go.
He was 52.
12 years ago, he and his wife struggled through a life threatening
pregnancy to bring a daughter into the world.
They survived and so did the baby. They won that battle.
Last November, Larry was diagnosed with inoperable liver and colon cancer, stage 4. This was a battle they wouldn't win.
My heart is heavy, the tears won't stop.
I wish I could communicate with passion just how much this man meant to me; to us.
Tears and pain are clouding everything.


At James ' 25th birthday
1992
Doug, Kent, Larry, James

Please, please, please pray for Shirley (his wife) and Madison (his daughter), for Grace Harvest Church, and for us as we all walk through this valley of shadow that has come at the loss of this husband, father, pastor, and friend.
This is a video I made for Pastor Larry for his 50th birthday as a surprise. It isn't the "Final" version that I presented, but it is the only one I have, so I'm presenting it here as a memorial.

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

I am so, so sorry to hear this, Deea. How old is Madison?

I know we have a history of synchronicity, but this is surely the most unfortunate: Jeff's aunt was just diagnosed with liver and colon cancer (one is inoperable) in the past few weeks, and we just heard the news this weekend. Everyone is optimistic, but the thought of the possible loss... she has two children, one just beginning college this month and the other in high school.

You are always too young to lose a parent, I think. No matter how old you are.

My heart goes out to Shirley and Madison and everyone who loved Larry, and to you.

Deeapaulitan said...

Madison is 12. The age where girls seem to need their daddy most.

Larry and Shirley are Cassia's godparents. We knew them before we were married, before we were even dating. We have walked through so much of life with them. It's been hard over the past months to not be able to talk to him on the phone, to hear him laugh - he had THE BEST laugh.

Thanks for the sentiments. We do have seem to have a contemporaneousness, don't we?

Heather said...

(((Deea)))) I am so sorry for your loss. How *hard*. I will be praying for you and for this family. My heart is heavy as I think of your sorrow. Praying for you friend-heather

Deeapaulitan said...

Heather,
Thank you. I know you will pray. You are so faithful. I must try to get some sleep. It hasn't come easy lately.

Unknown said...

Hi Deea!
The kids and I watched the Larry video and River was very concerned for Madison. We'll be praying for her.

Deeapaulitan said...

Thank you Jen, I think Madison needs it more than anyone right now.