Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mourning Again

I met Cynthia 3 years ago. I didn't know when I met her that she would become someone dear. She was the mom of one of the girls we chose as an ambassador for the GCECE. Her attitude was always cheerful, helpful, and supportive. My favorite time with her was sitting at farmers markets laughing at the antics of some of the kids and chatting about life. When I left to move to Bozeman, Cynthia became the treasurer and Carol became the administrator for the group. That summer, Brittney returned to Gunpo as an English Tutor and Cynthia joined Carol as chaperones for the 07 ambassadors.
I got an email from Carol yesterday letting me know that Cynthia passed away suddenly. I'm still in shock. I don't know details, but I don't think details would help. Brittney has lost her mama, as have Cyn's other 6 kids, and without warning or adjustment time. Her husband is abruptly a single parent.
My heart is sad. Please pray for this family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deea--
I didn't know Cynthia, But have met her husband, Dr. Milligan through Alex. SHe passed away in Mexico from complications from a bypass. It was a real shock!