Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bird Song

Ok - I did think of one thing I could tell you about that is rather AWESOME!
A few years ago, through a website called LA Blogotheque, J introduced me to a musician named Andrew Bird. The site is a bunch of random (well produced) videos of up and coming - usually indie - artists in public settings. They are called "The Take-Away Shows". The video was of this lone little man and his guitar, wandering up some cobbled lane in France, whistling and warbling. I wasn't overly impressed with his vocals, but was enchanted enough to continue delving into his music via the internet.
Fast forward to 2008. Andrew's last album, Soldier On,
was one of my very favorite, all-time albums. It won me over. I love the raw, edgy, quirkiness of his music - yet, he is an amazing instrumentalist & fun to listen to. They are calling his music 'whistle rock'. :o)

So on to the big news... He already has another album coming out! "Noble Beast" is due out on the 20th. Unlike "Soldier On" it is full length, and completely new stuff! He did an interview on NPR and you can listen to the entire album free too!

I'm so excited to soon be filling our days with sweet Bird songs!

And just to catch you up in the swirling, symphonic, whistle-filled wonderland - here is one more video.

2 comments:

James said...

Take me to Birdland, baby!

Deeapaulitan said...

:o) I love you.