Wednesday, September 07, 2011

One Last HOORAH! {day 2}

 Awakened by sun through the firs.  *sigh*  I love getting away!
 Priest Lake is calling.  Time for a boat ride! 


El Capitan 
 JOY!
 Picnic on Kalispell Island.  Scott, once again, cooked us lunch.  Scrumptious chicken breasts in a non-sweet BBQ sauce!! For those of you who know me well, you know how happy it made me to not have to eat sweet meat. :)  Glory-hallelujha-amen & amen!!! We brought crackers and hummus and cucumbers along from the cabin, sat on tree stumps near the water and soaked in the sun before heading back to the dock.

 I think I remember my days by what I ate.  My life seems to revolve around food :)  
Time for some hickory smoked grilled salmon, peppery black bean salad with a red wine vinaigrette, & artisanal bread spread with herbed cream cheese!




 
No meal complete without a little 'ham'...
 Another tradition - homemade, hand-churned ice cream!!  You don't crank, you don't eat!  We normally do this about 3 times during the summer, but this was our first as a family this year! 


We chose coconut.  It's all organic - because if they are going to eat cow's milk... at least they aren't eating the steroids and antibiotics!  Nor are they eating eggs from chickens who have been tortured, deformed and filled with all kinds of drugs. (Yes, I'm a radical - deal with it)
 
Anticipation....
 



Always worth the toil and strain!  
 Cricket wishes there were some in her bowl too.

 Finishing the day by the fire, with all of us scrunched onto the couch, listening to James Taylor and reminiscing about the delights of the day.  Ahhhhhh....
No recipes for you today.  They are family secrets.  Closely guarded and delighted in (cue evil, maniacal laughter here)  :D

1 comment:

whittakerwoman said...

We did not make it to the mountains this summer and my heart is so sad! Even looking at those picts makes me realize I MUST schedule time in the woods! :)