Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wind, Waves, Wildlife, and a Light Repast

 J went with some of the fellas to play golf one afternoon, so I joined Nancy and Fracheska for a little trip to Morro Rock.

On the lee side of the jetty...

On the windward side ...
pools . . .   seaside colors are so amazing.
 We were really hoping to see the Sea Otters & our prayers were answered!  We sat in the sand and watched them flip and roll and float lazily about.  So cute!


 A Sea Lion decided the otters were getting too much attention.  He's sneaking up between them.  See his nose poking up? And, back in the distance, a pelican is landing on the water.
I only had my 50mm / 1.4 with me, so I couldn't get as close in or as crisp on the shots as I would have liked.
 2 of our leaders planned a lovely tea party for us.  While we sipped we told our love stories!
It was just a tad bit breezy on the terrace...


Another sunny, California day closes.  This was our last full day of the retreat, but J had planned a little retreat of our own.  :)

No comments: