Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How We Wither...


How We Wither..., originally uploaded by efiw.
All these men that you made
how we wither in the shade
of your trees, on your wings
we are carried to the sea
God, give us love in the time that we have
~sam beam

We have had (according to Bridger Mountain report) more than 5 feet of snow in the past 4 days! This is the first morning I have woken up in 5 days that new snow has not cast it's blanket over us. It beautiful and cold, and we have been shoveling our little heart's out. Yes, even Mom and Dad have gotten in on the action! We've gotten stuck twice and had to dig our way out!

A few things have happened in the past few days.
Our friend, Kathy, is dying rapidly of Lukemia. She is home in hospice care. We are praying, but she is at peace with going home to be with Jesus. It makes us no less sad to be without our spunky, intercessor down here.
Our van is in the shop, making us a one car family for a bit. It's reminding me of the early days of marriage. I think until the kids were about 11,9, and 7 we only had one vehicle. It'll be an adventure.
I am beginning to makeover our bedroom. Christmas $$ allowed me to get some things we have desperately needed (fabric for curtains!!) and I have chosen colors for the walls. I'm making the curtains now. You know there will be photos soon...
Hope all of your winters are going well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the random blog. Keep it up. I am jealous of your snow! Enjoys a cup of coffee while watching it fall down! H

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture-But-BRRRRRRRRRRRR. Love the snow but not the cold. I woke up to -3 degrees in Moses Lake. I do not handle the cold as well as I use to. Can not wait to see pics of your bedroom. Love to all-Shelly

Anonymous said...

We have a friend here, who is dying of cancer. She has an infection, fever and has had to have blood transfusions and IVs. She has gone into a comma. It is tough.

Hope you are able to get your vehicle fixed quickly.

I wish I could hope over for a visit.
Know that you are loved.

Shari

Deeapaulitan said...

H - There is definately Java jivin' in this cabin, snow or no. More is falling as I type. :o)

Shelly - I'm so happy to have you back in my inbox and my blog! I've missed you.

Shari - The vehicle is getting fixed. It's costing us a pretty penny, but it's getting fixed. I wish you could pop over too, and you (and all the other 'clan' members) are very loved as well.