Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Week

I haven't had much luck posting since I've had to work from the dinosaur desktop. It's great for email, but photo posting seems to be beyond it's realm of functionality. I'm trying again however. Our Bible Study had a fellowship night and we gorged ourselves on Mexican Food and held all the babies!!!! Scott and Sadie brought Tri-tip, beans, and rice. I brought shedded chicken enchiladas, & green salads (for those on the raw diet :o) I over indulged. On both food and baby cuddling. So did Sara!


Tof turned 17 Friday!!! You can tell he is growing up just from what he asks for for gifts. Propane tank for the bbq so he can bbq this summer. Money for the computer he is saving up for. Socks. LOL!
We had our traditional breakfast of cinnamon rolls, but the only candle I had was a huge, hurkin' lump o' wax... he didn't mind as long as he got to the cinnamon roll when it was blown out! :o)



My birthday was Saturday. I got my hair butched for summer :o) It's easy, but I feel like I look more like my mother than ever! It grows so fast that it won't be long before it's back in a pony tail.
Jen took me to breakfast. That was especially sweet because I have been craving 'girl-time' lately and haven't had opportunity. We walked to Nova in the rain and chatted, then had great coffee, food, & conversation for two more hours! THANKS SO MUCH JEN!

J & the kids bought me a gorgeous bamboo salad bowl I had been wanting! It rained the whole day and the kids spoiled me by doing my dishes and building me a fire to sit next to and read all day!

Sunday afternoon we held a bbq with a bunch of friends for Tofer's party. God blessed us with a bit of SUN!

Then Sunday night the Murray's hosted us at a "Black and White" night. We had to wear only black and white, eat only black and white food and we watched a black and white movie! What a blast!

J is fighting sickness right now. He has to preach Sunday and would really like a clear head to prepare. Please pray for him. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the black and white night. What fun! I think I will have to copy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! h

Deeapaulitan said...

It was a so much fun H! We had Black bean dip with white corn tortilla chips, smores, black forest brownies, rice krispy treats, Rootbeer floats, & white cheddar popcorn. Some of the other ideas were Jumbo olives stuffed with White Crab salad. Coconut Macaroons. Pina coladas. Oreo cookie icecream. Blackeyed Peas and rice. etc... We cheated on the movie - we tuned the TV to black and white and watched "Singing in the Rain"! Our family were the only ones to have seen it before, so it was extra fun to hear the reactions of the first timers!
Thanks for the bday wishes! It was a great one!