Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thaw

I'm still doing the raw food challenge. With the coming of sunshine there is greater desire to eat raw. When it was still snowing and 34 degrees outside for some reason I didn't crave a chilly smoothie over a hot cup of coffee! This was part of dinner last night. A 7 grain and mushroom "tortilla" (brushed with EVOO) with green onion, tomato, cucumber, orange bell pepper and avocado slivers (with pink sea salt sprinkled sparingly) and a green smoothie made of apple, peach, mango, strawberry, banana, spirulina, wheat grass, barley grass, wheat sprouts, jerusalem artichoke, lemon, and flax seed. I know it looks and sounds gross, but even my kids want some when I drink it!
The sunshine has been working it's wonders in other areas too! The woodlands are greening! We have a pair of eagles that have chosen to nest on our hillside. When the sun is warm they circle on the wind currents and call to each other. Tofer has the hoop set up and has been out there shooting baskets every shiny afternoon when school is finished. Nimbal-O and he sat and chatted with one another yesterday.
Cricket and I and Cassia had hoped to walk along the creek and get a bit of exercise, but it is still to deeply entrenched in snow.
Little by little winter is losing it's grip on the mountain. It's raining today and we are hoping it is diminishing some of that frozen depth at the creek side. I'm sitting with a cup of peppermint tea watching the drizzle. We just finished PSAT tests and have one more week of school before we are on our 3 month break! I'm going to do dishes and then work on curtains for our bedroom (they've been in process for months). Life is good.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather said...

The pictures are just beautiful! I feel like I am on a "getaway" when I come and "visit" with you. :)