Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Goodbye" Seems to be the Hardest Word

Sara and I spent one last afternoon together, Thursday. We went to La Tinga because I had never eaten there before, and it is super cheap! WooHoo! $1 tacos, $1 side of rice and beans, $3 tostada! How can you eat just one? Easy! Put their hottest sauce on it!
It's the first time since arriving in Bozeman that I can say "Hyi-chee-wah-wah"! Glory! La Tinga is Spanish for "It'll Flip" or "It Flips" ~ They live up to it! Bella rode her scooter while we walked. Like her 'skirt'? :o) We ran a couple of errands and then they treated me to Rockford (Iced African Autumn Sunset)! We took them to go because I was making treats for the worship team and Minda was waiting for me at the library. Last night (there are no photos of this time because both photograpers forgot their cameras - but I swear - it really took place!), J and I dropped the kids off at the Jesse Jorgensen concert at AF and headed, once more, to Rockford to see Matt, Sara, and Bella. They left bright and early this morning on their new adventure. We chatted for a bit about what God seems to be doing while we drank our teas (and Matt and J ate gutt-bomb scotch-a-roos). We prayed together, signed the guest book, and hugged before we parted. Who knows when the next hugs will come; prayers are immanent.
I got to be a part of so much of this trip home. We picked out curtains together, rugs, and runners. We talked over paint colors and flooring. We just hung out as friends, mamas, and daughters of God. I feel very full, very blessed.

We love you Janssens! I won't say 'goodbye' ~ just 'God go with you, until we are together again.' *sniff*

1 comment:

Sara said...

Awwwww..what sweet commentary my dear friend. I miss you terribly already. I had such wonderful days with you...and cannot wait until our paths cross again! The plan is to be there for Christmas...yay! Rockford and Nova in the snow. :)

xxoo,
sara