Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Play Date

Sara made a date with me to just go hang out in town and shop, photograph, chatter, eat, drink coffee and hunt for bargains! This is only the second time in two years I have gotten away for an afternoon with a friend to just play. (The first one was with Sara too!)
We started the day at Rockford. It's so funny that Sara doesn't live here, but everyone knows her! Yesterday reinforced to me how different 2 people can be and still be friends. She is super outgoing, I'm subdued. She is all or nothing, I'm more hmmm, sounds good, I'll try it. We do both love photography (but she is much more advanced), we do both care about the enviorment and being good stewards of this earth (but she is doing much more about it), we are both moms (but at total opposite ends of the spectrum)...
There is no real explaination for our friendship other than Christ and our love for Him. What a great foundation though. How blessed a friendship can be because of that foundation!
Both Sara and I love/appreciate Ani's voice in the world. We so wanted to go together to this concert, but their schedule won't allow it. Anbody want to go with me? I think they still have tickets on sale.
We wandered into Luna and Sara found happiness! Sheer happiness in the form of a purse! Wool with felted flowers stitched on, in bright oranges and greens and reds and blues! Later in the day when we were paying for lunch Sara said, "Every time I see it, it makes me happy. I need things in my life to make me happy, right?"

She makes me happy. So glad she is in my life. So blessed she made time with me a priority.
Love you, Sara.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Awwwwww Deea :) You're so sweet. And I loved our time together...mamas need their TIME. I definitely think we should do it again...even just for coffee instead of an entire day. Maybe this time we'll go to La Tinga! Yum yum! Thanks for the fun pics. So fun to re-live it all through your eyes. Have a great weekend...see you soon. Love you.