Saturday, January 30, 2010

21

Cassia asked for a family gathering for her 21st birthday. May not sound like much, but with our schedules these days it takes some finagling. The day after her birthday we were able to come together and have a few of her favorite things. Fresh salmon roasted in olive oil and lemon, baked potatoes, and green salad.


Our family doesn't care much for cake, so we always find ways to stick candles in other things to make wishes from.
We couldn't be more proud of our beautiful firstborn. Sensative and caring, kind and warm - she may let go of things, but people she does not turn loose of easily. It doesn't matter if she knows them personally or not. I love to hear her laugh. One of my most favorite things about her. Especially when her Grampa or her Daddy are the instigators.
I wish I was still at home full time to make these days as special as I used to, but that isn't the season we are in right now. Right now I am thankful that we were able to find time to give to being all in one place, at one time, for one purpose - celebrating our daughter/sister/friend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: