Friday, November 23, 2007

Blessed Scenes from a Day of Blessings

Our traditional spread of cheeseball and crackers - to tide everyone over until dinner! (Aunt Susan's cheeseball recipe that Cassia makes every year!)
Turkey - one plate of light and one of dark! so moist!! I don't know why I didn't get the rest of the spread.
Sledding!! One of our neighbor girls joined us and couldn't believe ADULTS were sledding too! We had 7 others added to our family and it was a great day! Of course there was cocoa, coffee, and wassail when everyone trudged in half-frozen! Highlight of the day was watching our little 3yr. old Mo sled down -all the way to the bottom - BACKWARDS- with the biggest smile plastered on his face!

Making a gingerbread house with River, Mo and Jen, while the guys watched football.

James rented a movie entitled - A Man Called Peter. I would highly recommend it! It's the story of Peter Marshall senior. It's funny, convicting, and poignant.

Ryan and Don challenged Minda and Tof to a cribbage match - Not a good idea. R&D lost. James and River teamed up against Cassia and Mo in Yatzee.

We built a fire in the stove, ate 4 kinds of pie with homemade whipcream, got dishpan hands, talked, laughed, tickled Mo, and laughed some more.

How was your day of Thanks?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, thanks for all of your loving contributions! It was a magical 1st Thanksgiving in our new winter wonderland!

Anonymous said...

My Thanksgiving was good. I spent the morning sleeping in, then I went to Rick and Michelle's house to be with them and the Cinkovich's. After that I headed off to another one of my families the Phillips watched last years Christmas play and then played clue. (I one the first round!) Today was spent shopping with my very good friend Shana and her mom. I am getting ready to make Quillows! That was my days in a nutshell! Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

I love the Gingerbread house! Blessings, Rose