Friday, October 13, 2006

Follow Your Heart

Stepping out to follow a dream that has long been held in the dark and quiet of the soul is never an easy thing. You 2nd guess your decisions, look for a reason to stay put, and wonder if the dream is really nothing more than wishful thinking or escapism. As we step out into an 18 year old dream, and brush off the cobwebs and dust, I have begun reading a book. I didn't know anything about it. Our host son from last year gave it to Tof while we were in Korea this year. It is challenging me. Here are some quotes that have wakened the adventurer/ sojourner/ treasure-seeker in me:
"...people need not fear the unknown... We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it's our life or our possessions... Fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same hand."
"...understanding is really the sudden immersion of the soul into the current of life, where the histories of all people are connected and we are able to know intuitively..."
"...I'm afraid if my dream is realized, I may have no reason to go on living... I am afraid that it would all be a disappointment, so I prefer to go on dreaming."
"The boy felt jealous at the freedom of the wind." But then he realized that was how he felt when he dreamed...he was the only thing holding him back.
~~Paulo Coelho~~ "The Alchemist

3 comments:

Pastor Paul said...

Those are great quotes. I could certainly relate a few months ago... and even now, though in different ways over different dreams... or maybe I'm thinking of the same dreams differently. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Is that a Christian book, or a wise author with some of God's wisdom?

Deeapaulitan said...

Paul, to be honest I do not know if he is Christian. He talks often and of God, & Jesus, but some of his ideas seem humanistic too. I finished the book in a day. It was excellent!

Anonymous said...

These quotes are interesting in a good, thought provoking kind of way.
Thanks for sharing them moma...
maybe this is, yet another to book too add to my list of many many "want-to-read"s ;p


~*your cassia