Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mother's Day

Strange title in the middle of October? I should have put MY mother's day. Today my mommy turned 60!
She is an incredible woman of God who has stayed gracious and kind in a lifetime of adversity.
Here are my favorite things about Mommy:
1. Her giving heart. She never witholds good from them whom she has the power to bestow it upon.
2. Her Kraut Runza. It was how this little girl of Russian heritage learned to love Saurkraut. German sausage, bacon, hamburger, garlic and kraut fried together for hours and rolled into soft dough & baked golden! Yummers!
( I might add her corned beef, pecan pie, and carrot cookies as well!)
3. Her Prayers. I know she will pray for me no matter what. She is my intercessor, a faithful warrior on my behalf.
4. RoseMilk. Do any of you remember this lotion? I don't know how she gets it still, but my mommy always smells like roses. When she is gone someday, this will be what reminds me of her most.
5. Security. Life has no guarentees. But I have no doubts about 2 'people' always being there for me. God and Mom. Even when she is before the throne of God I know she will be petioning Him on my behalf.

I love you, Momma. Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Happy Birthday to a lovely mother.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a lovely grandmother ;)