Thursday, October 26, 2006

God Works in Mysterious Ways...

1st--
2 months ago I got a note on my blog. Not an uncommon occurance, I know, but there was something different about this one. It was a guy for one thing, and I don't get many of those leaving comments! But this one acted like he knew me. Through a strange series of events that I won't go into, I found out this guy was a friend from my highschool days that I had not seen or talked to in 18 years! He had moved to Maine, had a family and had found me by a "fluke" on Flickr.

Then--
James moved to Bozeman to begin the Worship pastor position he was hired for at Alliance Fellowship about 3 weeks ago. One of the first people he met with was Brandon Edwards who is the worship leader at JourneyChurch. Come to find out, he was trained up by the same man who trained up James at PBC, and had experienced a similar adventure in arriving in Bozeman!


Just 4 days ago--
I decided to join a group of women across the US who are committing to live more simply. To buy 2nd hand or barter for things other than things that would be unhealthy to buy 2nd hand or services. I had gone to the blog of someone who had made the commitment after seeing her photos on Flickr and then seeing a post about her on another blog I frequent. The next day I got an email from her. She and her husband were the candidates for the worship position James was hired for in Bozeman! We have become fast friends. Amazing, awesome, wonderous... the ways of God!


All I can say is, WOW! What does God have in store with these relationships? I don't know. What I do know is how thankful I am for them and for God's grace in bringing us together! I feel loved, watched over, and known by the Creator of the Universe! I am humbled and blessed by His mysterious ways...

2 comments:

faith ann raider said...

How amazing is that?!!! WOW! Thanks so much for letting me know about this post!

Sara said...

It IS amazing. I'm so glad God led us to each other :-)